The little city of Seefeld is the goal of many pilgrimages because of the Eucharistic miracle that took place there in 1384. During the Holy Thursday Mass a nobleman by the name of Oswald Milser, expected that the priest would give him Communion with the large Host. At the moment he was about to receive Communion, the pavement began to tremble under him, and Oswald felt as if he was being sucked into it. As the priest was returning the Host to the altar, live blood began to flow from it.
The Eucharistic Miracle of Santarem, together with that of Lanciano, is considered among the most important. Numerous studies and canonical analysis were carried out on the relics. The Host changed into bleeding Flesh and Blood flowed out of it. Both relics are preserved to this day in the Church of St. Stephen in Santarem.
This Eucharistic miracle goes back to 1347. In St. Peter’s Church in Middleburg, during Communion, the consecrated Host changed into bleeding flesh. A portion of the Host, to this day, is kept in Louvain by the Augustinian Fathers. The monk, Jean de Gheest, confessor of the Archbishop who approved its cult, asked for It as a gift. Instead, the other portion is in St. Peter’s Church in Middleburg.
The relic of the Blood has remained perfectly intact and is kept in a precious monstrance made at the request of Countess Eleonora Batthyany- Strattman in 1721.
During Mass at Ludbreg in 1411, a priest doubted whether the Body and Blood of Christ were really present in the Eucharistic species. Immediately after being consecrated, the wine turned into Blood. Today the precious relic of the miraculous Blood still draws thousands of the faithful, and every year at the beginning of September the so-called “Sveta Nedilja – Holy Sunday” is celebrated for an entire week in honor of the Eucharistic miracle that occurred in 1411.
The woman stole the Host and hid it in a linen cloth that immediately became stained with Blood.
At Ettiswil, there is a shrine dedicated to a Eucharistic miracle that happened in 1447. Ann Vögtli, a member of a satanic sect, was able to steal the pyx containing the large Host from the parochial church. The Host was found close to a fence in the middle of some nettles bushes, lifted high up and surrounded by a vivid light, divided in 7 pieces united among them so that they looked like a flower. Many Popes granted indulgences to the shrine’s visitors. The great feast of the miracle’s chapel takes place on the “Laetare” Sunday and on the two following days.
The oldest documents concerning the Holy Blood of Bruges date back to 1256. The Holy Blood probably was part of a group of relics of the Passion of Christ preserved at the imperial museum of Bucoleon in Constantinople (modern Istanbul). In 1203 Constantinople was besieged and conquered by the crusaders. Baldovin IX, Count of Flanders, after being crowned as the new emperor, sent the relic of the Precious Blood to his native country at Bruges.
The little village of St. Georgenberg-Fiecht, in the Inn Valley, is very well known, especially for a Eucharistic miracle that took place there in 1310. During the Mass, the priest was seized with temptations regarding the Real Presence of Jesus in the consecrated elements. Right after the consecration, the wine changed into blood and began to boil and overflow the chalice. In 1480, after 170 years, the sacred blood was “still fresh as if it had come out of a wound,” wrote the chronicler of those days. It is preserved intact to this day and is contained in the reliquary in the Monastery of St. Georgenberg.
At the beginning of January of 2009 the Curia of Białystok asked two eminent specialists in pathologoical anatomy of the Medical University of Białystok – Professor Maria Elzbieta Sobaniec-Łotowska and Professor Stanisław Sulkowski, to analyze the samples of the bloodstained Host. On Janaury 7 – Professor Sobaniec-Łotowska went to Sokółka and took from the corporal a minuscule sample of the mysterious substance present in the Host.