The little city of Seefeld is the goal of many pilgrimages because of the Eucharistic miracle that took place there in 1384. During the Holy Thursday Mass a nobleman by the name of Oswald Milser, expected that the priest would give him Communion with the large Host. At the moment he was about to receive Communion, the pavement began to tremble under him, and Oswald felt as if he was being sucked into it. As the priest was returning the Host to the altar, live blood began to flow from it.
The little village of St. Georgenberg-Fiecht, in the Inn Valley, is very well known, especially for a Eucharistic miracle that took place there in 1310. During the Mass, the priest was seized with temptations regarding the Real Presence of Jesus in the consecrated elements. Right after the consecration, the wine changed into blood and began to boil and overflow the chalice. In 1480, after 170 years, the sacred blood was “still fresh as if it had come out of a wound,” wrote the chronicler of those days. It is preserved intact to this day and is contained in the reliquary in the Monastery of St. Georgenberg.
In fifteenth-century Austria there were a number of thefts of consecrated Hosts, so Church authorities took to keeping the Hosts in the sacristy. Despite these precautions, a thief succeeded in 1411 in stealing a consecrated Host from the parish church in Weiten. The Host slipped unnoticed to the ground during his journey and was discovered several days later by a pious woman. The Host glowed brilliantly, divided in two pieces but united by threads of bleeding flesh.